Sunday, October 02, 2005

OUCH! Gas prices!

I spent $60.00 this morning filling up my gas tank. I've never had to spend that much on gasoline before. It's a good thing my truck will be completely paid for next month. At the rate things are going, what went for truck payments will soon go for filling the gas tank.

One of those situations in which I wish I worked closer home. At least my bosses were nice enough to let me go to a four-day ten-hour work schedule. I had been asking about changing my work schedule for almost six months but really pressed for it when gas prices shot up after Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana and Mississippi. Of course, now since Hurricane Rita hit Texas and Louisiana, the new schedule is temporarily mandatory to help save the department money. I feel for those who didn't want to go to a 10-hour work day for four days a week. It could be a rough adjustment, depending upon your job and after-work schedule.

I still strongly believe price gouging is going on in Georgia. I only hope that it will be investigated and those responsible get fined and sanctioned.

No comments: