Sunday, April 20, 2003

Sick Computer/Deceptive Camera Ads

I'm so upset! My computer is sick! All I know is that my CD drive has stopped working and it is preventing my computer from doing a normal start-up. I have to go into "Safe Mode with Networking." When I click on "My Computer," the CD drive icon is missing. Looks like another trip to the repair shop.

We had our montly family get-together today. I took some pictures with my new digital camera, but I'll have to insert them later when my computer is fixed. The program that downloads the pictures from the camera will not work with the computer in Safe Mode.

Speaking of cameras, I must share this. My new digital camera is a Vivitar Vivicam 10 blue with camera case, wrist strap, batteries, software, USB cable, instructions ... all for around $45.00 at Wal-Mart. Leading Innovations claims this camera retails at $325.00, but their price is a low low $79.95. Here are the links to both Leading Innovations and Wal-Mart. I'll let you decide for yourself ;-)

Leading Innovations

Wal-Mart


5/11/2003 -- I fixed the Wal-Mart link

2/8/2004 -- The link for Leading Innovations had to be adjusted. It seems now if you try to directly link to the page, you're redirected to PerfectCollectibles.com. However, Leading Innovations main page still features the same camera in red, so I can still get my point across. I wonder how long it will take them to realize I'm on to them and change things around again? Maybe I should do a screen capture ;-)

No comments: