Saturday, April 12, 2003

On The Road/Haircuts/Divorcing Friends

I've been on the road a lot the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to make any entries to this blog. At least the road trips are over ... for now. I didn't mind the training classes, and I usually don't mind the traveling. However, we've had a lot of rainy weather down here, and it has rained just about every day I've been on the road or away from home. In two more weeks, we will be converting from one computer system to another. After the conversion, I'll be able to breathe. Until then, I feel like I'm working under the gun with an ever-shortening deadline.

Ever tried to let your hair grow out, but then it get's to that awkward length that makes you want to cut it? It's at that stage now. I'm hoping that evening up the ends will help make it lay down better. Otherwise, I'm cropping it back to 3 inches again with the Flowbee. Mom wanted a really really short hair cut, so after asking her to make sure that it was what she wanted, I cut her hair really really short. How short? Think Susan Powter. The thing is ... Mom looks good with it that short!

I have two friends that have met their spouses on the internet in chat rooms. Both friends kept telling me that I should give it a try and that I would find someone. I kept telling them that I'm not interested in a romantic relationship and that I already had plenty of friends. I'm also leery of meeting anyone in a chat room these days (I'll explain more in another paragraph). Anyway, it is with great sadness that I must report one couple is headed for divorce and the other couple have already divorced. It breaks my heart. I like both their spouses. It's too late for one couple, but I am praying that the other couple can salvage what's left of their marriage.

Why am leery? Experience. Most people that I've met in chat rooms want to either play head games or have cyber-sex. I cannot trust people who pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining. I got fed up with the baloney and have stopped using chat rooms. Unless I'm talking to one of my friends in another town or another state, I have no interest. If people get good experiences with internet chat rooms, I'm happy for them. It's just not for me.


No comments: