Sunday, April 13, 2003

How Stupid Can The Media Be?

Late last month, I had posted that I was not going to watch the war. That doesn't mean I can't hear the television in the other room when other people in the household are watching it. These reporters floor me with their asinine questions they ask the soldiers, and if the soldiers or those in charge refuse to answer a question, the media quickly declare that "they're hiding something!" Give me a break! This is a war. There are things that the public does not "have a right to know" until after the war is over. We do not need to know our troops' battle plans, current and future locations, nor how many enemy soldiers were killed while the war is in progress. The enemy is also watching the news, and they're taking notes of every broadcast. I really believe that the media can compromise our troops' safety and ultimately the security of our country. I really believe the reporters, news anchors, and media outlets need to exercise some common sense.


No comments: