Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Food and the word "Nasty"

Maybe it's a southern thing here, but I wish people would stop using the word "nasty" to describe food they don't like. Nasty means dirty, filthy, foul, and/or disgusting. It is very unfair to the cook to worked hard to prepare a meal, only to have somebody turn it down because, "it tastes nasty." Adults are just as bad as the children are about the overuse of this word. There are many words in existance that can describe disliked food more appropriately. Grrrrrr!!!


Soul Sister has a home!

After four months of stress, Soul Sister called me at work today to let me know she found a home of her own. She already had the keys and was moving stuff in. I was so happy and relieved for her that I cried when I got off the phone. This woman has had a string of bad luck, and having to live in a, shall we say "negatively critical environment" wasn't helping with her morale.

Her new home is great! The homes she had lived in while in Moultrie had no ice maker, no dishwasher, no washer nor dryer, and one home didn't even have working heat or air. This is a relatively new place with all the above-listed luxuries plus sturdy floors, new floor tiles, a fireplace, and a back yard with a fountain. She doesn't have a lawn, but her lot is covered with granite rocks. I am so happy for her!!!

No comments: