Sunday, March 07, 2004

I Have a Creative Dad

I thought I'd take a break to make this journal entry. I've working on Dan's web pages.

I walked by my parents' bedroom just now and saw the cart he made for my mother so she can wheel things from room to room since she can't carry anything with weight anymore. He made this cart from pvc pipes and joints. He attached wheels to the bottom of this three-tiered cart. She can roll it around the house with stuff on it, giving her more independence.

He's done extraordinary things when I was younger. He made a set of doll-sized bunk beds for me when I was six years old. He used spare wood and thin plexiglass for the bed part. I thought it was especially amusing when Snoopy (our beagle at the time) adopted the bottom bed for his own bed. I remember waking up on weekends to find him laying there looking at me.

Dad also made a rocking horse for me from an old sawhorse. No, it didn't exactly look like a horse, but I didn't care. I had an imagination. I played with that rocking horse for years until I grew to be too large for it (kids do that, you know).

His creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks, Dad!

No comments: