Sunday, July 24, 2005

Crab Shred Salad

This is the perfect salad for someone who doesn't like lettuce or salads in general. I added equal parts of shredded lettuce and broccoli slaw (consisting of shredded broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage), shredded monterrey jack cheese, and imitation crab meat cut into small strips. I eat about a two cups of this mixture with zesty Italian salad dressing (with extra vinegar) and a diet soda like Diet Dr. Pepper or Fresca. Not only is it a satisfying lunch, my blood sugar comes down considerably afterward.



I don't know how to shred lettuce, so I buy a bag of Fresh Express "Shreds!" shredded iceberg lettuce. The broccoli slaw is also in a similarly-sized bag. You can find them both in the bagged lettuce section of the produce aisle. I prefer to use either Monterrey Jack or a very mild cheddar cheese for these salads. I've used canned tuna, pepperoni sliced and cut into strips, or leftover chicken at different times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks downright yummy! I ought to try that!