Thursday, February 24, 2005

Oriental Noodles with Swedish Meatballs

Not a bad combination if I do say so myself. I used Lipton Asian Sides Teriyaki Noodles, frozen Swedish meatballs, garlic powder, and minced onions (all can be bought at Wal-Mart).



Now, the Lipton Asian Sides were not originally created to be soup noodles, so the extra seasoning and a little corn starch was needed to make the "soup" have more flavor. It wasn't a bad dish made "on the fly." I did neglect to add enough salt, so that's something I'll have to remember to use next time. As a side dish, I do like these Asian Sides Teriyaki noodles as they go well with beef, chicken, and pork.

My Zatarains black bean and rice soup still kicks butt and has become a family favorite. It always hits the spot, I'll post the recipe as soon as I can get a picture of the finished result.

Perhaps I need to explain why I'm using side dish mixes as soup mixes. When you live with elderly people, soups are much easier to digest. I'm not really a soup person, so I've been playing in the kitchen trying to create meals that are soupy enough for them but still chunky and flavorful enough for me. Tonight's soup was definitely on the bland side, but at least they enjoyed their meal. Thank God for tabasco :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That swedish meatball soup looks yummy!! I love meatballs anyway you cook them and the asian noodles just adds to it.. YUMMY... Gonna have to fix me some of that...