Thursday, November 11, 2004

A personal note on Veteran's Day 2004

As a final note to this entry, Veteran's Day is almost over. I made an entry on our local messageboard to the veterans who read the board:

To all the veterans who have served our country in any capacity, your efforts and sacrifices are appreciated. May God bless you and may other people learn from your experiences.

Special note to my favorite Master Chief Petty Officer:

Thank you for instilling in me the immense love I have for this country.
Thank you for teaching me respect and gratitude for our armed forces.
Thank you for sharing with me your many trips down memory lane about the vast years you spent in the navy.
Most of all, although you're a humble man and rather have your dead comrades remembered and honored, I thank you for your years of service to our country.


The person I'm referring to is my dad. He served 32 years honorably in the U S Navy and retired as a Master Chief Petty Officer on September 1, 1974. After the September 11 attacks, people who found out he was in the navy would thank him for his services and sacrifices. All during that time, he'd rather have the honor, gratitude, and appreciation extended toward his friends and comrades who served with him and gave up their lives to protect our country and our way of life. That only makes him that much more honorable. To my dad, thank you, and I love you so very much.

No comments: